Friday, August 2, 2013

Everyone's married. What's my adventure?

Hey bloggin' peeps.

So I'm going to start out the first day of August 2013 with a little honesty...truth be told, I started this blog for a class - a Baylor Journalism "Social Media" class, to be specific. My last couple of blog posts had criteria to follow, so I followed said criteria - very thoroughly! (Hence the thorough amounts of information - not a bad thing, just a thing to be clarified.)

Thus, my blog had been temporarily suspended...UNTIL I discovered the precious instagram of Naomi Davis - aka Taza. Her instagram is full of lively and crazy adorable photos of her two babykins & her husband, fully living my dream life in the big apple! Complete with a website including baby rainboots and the dreamiest apartment. I can only hope she's lacking in babysitters for her sweet lil' kiddies. Needless to say, she started her blog right before her college graduation, and it was crazy to see how far she's come. Hence, the revival of my blog begins...

So it's time to start fresh. I like where the last posts put us, because now I can casually & confidently say my life has changed A TON since March 22 (date of last blog post).

New schtuff:
  • We are all graduated & stuff - as in Baylor University Alumni. WHAT? Yes.
  • Two of the friends - Sarah Brooks & Ashton Neubert - in my earlier "spring break" pic are now married. M-a-r-r-i-e-d. Wives! (And fabulous, gentle, beautiful ones at that:)
  • The other 5 friends, you ask? Ann is Baylor President Ken Starr's new "special assistant," Sarah is headed back to BU for grad school, Bethany is headed to grad school in Dallas, Amber is headed to a Spanish discipleship school at a church in Waco & Simmons is headed to Argentina (what? yes). 





  • Oh yeah, & my other best friend from high school - Molly Bolton - got hitched, too. Here are my 3 best friends (left to right: Molly, Sarah & Kristen) at Molly's rehearsal dinner! And she & her hubs, Jeremy, at their reception:


  • And me? Well, not many developments...
  • Oh yeah. I'm moving to NYC in 27 days. Okay...WHAT? YES. (In fact, I actually got accepted into American Theatre Wing's post-grad program "SpringboardNYC" & spent 2 weeks learning NYC theatre front & back in early June...I'll post on that later - I promise!)
Needless to say, almost none of those earlier auditions led anywhere. But my BU theatre gal pal Rachel & I are about to jump into theatre's most ginormous pond, and I could not be more thrilled if I tried!

This summer has been a lot of learning, listening, praying & leaping (leaping out on faith, that is), and now that all of my friends' lives are radically changing, I'm ready for a change too. A change in location, culture, surroundings, profession...and who knows? Maybe I'll find a change that'll stick for awhile.

Here's hoping, & cheers to blogging once again!
Your adventurous - and slightly petrified - adventurer,

Kelsey



(A couple pictures for the time we lost! Pic 1: best friends in grad attire; 
Pic 2: Graduation day with Rachel - NYC froomie!)


0 comments :

Post a Comment